Information Collection and Use:
- Information You Provide to Us: We may collect information that you provide to us, such as:
- When you create an account with our Services or brand. (Please note, when you use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.) WiT may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
When you use our Services to communicate with mentor, WiT employees, employers or volunteers, either via video calls, audio calls or even text messages.
- WiT analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
- When you use our Services like Resources, Agendas, Milestones, AdHoc calls and anything else which we bring on in our updates, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
- When you sign up and pay for our Services, we require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information.
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP Address, cookie information, mobile device (if any) and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and Software/App data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
- Location Information. We collect location information from a variety of sources. You can learn more about and manage your location permissions on our Locations page and by visiting the location settings tool on your devices.
- Information from Cookies and Other Technologies.
- We collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products (both on and off of our Services) where WiT’s data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our Services and to collect and store information when you interact with Services we offer to partners.
- This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser's website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
- Information from Others. We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner (like Facebook or LinkedIn).
From publicly-available sources.
From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings.
When we obtain information from third-parties or other companies, such as those that use our Services. This may include your activity on other sites and apps as well as information those third-parties provide to you or us.
- Information provided by the mentors regarding experience they had coaching you or any other related scenario. This will help us to monitor your growth as well as allow us to research and deploy Resources which may be more helpful to you.
How we use this Information
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information we have about you (including information we receive on and off our Services) to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in. We also may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- Analyze your content and other information (including emails, messages between you and mentors, service providers, WiT employees, and other communications). You can review and control certain types of information tied to your WiT account by using Privacy Controls.
- Fulfill your requests and when authorized by you.
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Match and serve targeted advertising (across devices and both on and off of our Services) and provide targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information.
- Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages, which you can also control.
Associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Services together provided by WiT and partner websites. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
Carry out or support promotions
- Conduct research and support innovation.
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information.
- Provide location-based Services, advertising, search results, and other content consistent with your location settings.
- Combine information we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as your activities on other sites and apps
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
We may provide you with controls to manage your experience with us. For example, you can review or edit your account information, manage your marketing preferences, or opt out of targeted ads. If you opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant or useful to you.
How We Share This Information
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of WiT, when we have your consent.
- Within WiT. Information may also be shared within WiT, including with other WiT Services and affiliates. WiT affiliates may use the information in a manner consistent with their privacy policies.
- With Mentors. We will share information and everything in your profile to the mentors, employers and service providers which are assigned to you. Our terms for partners, does not allow them to relay this information to anyone else except WiT. However, in a situation where a new mentor or service provider is assigned to you, the information needs to be passed, that too via WiT and with the consent of the user.
- With Partners. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
- Trusted Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with WiT based on our directions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures. Learn more.
Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed or report how many people installed an app after seeing a promotion. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with these partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies.
- When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of WiT, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
- This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. Learn more about how we evaluate and respond to these requests.
- New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Verizon, WiT or a specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Data Processing and Transfers
WiT may process information related to individuals in the Indian Subcontinents and may transfer that information from the Indian Subcontinents through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the Indian Standard Contractual Clauses. By using our Services, you consent to us transferring information about you to these countries. For more information, please visit our Data Transfer page.
Other Important Information